English breakfast is the basic meal of cereal, juice, eggs, meats, and other beverages.
Common with most hotels in the UK/Great Britain
English Breakfast is a more elaborate breakfast style than Continental. A typical English breakfast may include:
- Stewed fruit (prunes, pears, apples, figs)
- Chilled fruit juices (orange, pineapple, tomato, grapefruit)
- Cereals (porridge, cornflakes)
- Eggs (poached, boiled, scrambled, fried, omelettes) - served with grilled tomatoes, sauteed mushrooms, baked beans, fried potatoes.
- Fish (smoked haddock, kippers)Meat (sausages, bacon, kidney)
- Breads (toast, rolls, brioche, croissant)
- Preserves (jam, marmalade, honey)
- Beverage (tea, coffee, hot chocolate)
List of books: English,breakfast