Deutsch: Mahlzeit / Español: Comida#R.C3.A9gimen de comidas - Comida / Português: Refeição - RefeiÃ§Ã£o / Français: Repas - Repas / Italiano: Pasto - Pasto
A meal is an eating occasion that takes place at a certain time and includes specific, prepared food, or the food eaten on that occasion. The names used for specific meals in English varies greatly depending on the speaker's culture, the time of day, or the size of the meal.
In the travel context, a meal refers to food and drink that is consumed by travelers during their journey or while staying at their destination. Meals can range from quick snacks to elaborate multi-course meals, and can be enjoyed in a variety of settings including restaurants, cafes, and hotel rooms.
Examples of meals in the travel context include:
- A continental breakfast served at a hotel.
- A sandwich and soda purchased at an airport cafe.
- A three-course dinner at a restaurant in a new city.
- A street food meal purchased from a food vendor while exploring a tourist destination.
Similar things to meals in the travel context include:
- Snacks - small portions of food and drink that are consumed between meals.
- Beverages - drinks that are consumed with meals or as refreshments.
- Room service - a hotel service that delivers meals and beverages to guests in their rooms.
- Picnics - meals that are enjoyed outdoors, often in scenic locations such as parks or beaches.
- Buffets - restaurants that offer a self-service, all-you-can-eat dining experience.
- Tastings - experiences where travelers can sample a variety of food or drink, such as wine tastings or chocolate tastings.