The Lower Valley of the Awash is a World Heritage Site in Ethiopia defined by the UNESCO in 1980 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 661 (206, 25) in our monthly survey..
"The Awash valley contains one of the most important groupings of palaeontological sites on the African continent. The remains found at the site, the oldest of which date back at least 4 million years, provide evidence of human evolution which has modified our conception of the history of humankind. The most spectacular discovery came in 1974, when 52 fragments of a skeleton enabled the famous Lucy to be reconstructed."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Lower Valley of the Awash
- Google Search for News about Lower Valley of the Awash
- Google Search for Pictures about Lower Valley of the Awash
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Lower Valley of the Awash
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Lower Valley of the Awash