French: Vieille ville de Zamosc
The Old City of Zamosc is a World Heritage Site in Poland and defined by the UNESCO in 1992 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 21 (20, 15) in our monthly survey..
"Zamosc was founded in the 16th century by the chancellor Jan Zamoysky on the trade route linking western and northern Europe with the Black Sea. Modelled on Italian theories of the 'ideal city' and built by the architect Bernando Morando, a native of Padua, Zamosc is a perfect example of a late-16th-century Renaissance town. It has retained its original layout and fortifications and a large number of buildings that combine Italian and central European architectural traditions."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Old City of Zamosc
- Facebook Pages about Old City of Zamosc
- Google Search for News about Old City of Zamosc
- Google Search for Pictures about Old City of Zamosc
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Old City of Zamosc
- Google Plus about Old City of Zamosc
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Old City of Zamosc