The Ancient City of Aleppo is a World Heritage Site in Syrian Arab Republic defined by the UNESCO in 1986 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 156 (34, 45) in our monthly survey..
"Located at the crossroads of several trade routes from the 2nd millennium B.C., Aleppo was ruled successively by the Hittites, Assyrians, Arabs, Mongols, Mamelukes and Ottomans. The 13th-century citadel, 12th-century Great Mosque and various 17th-century madrasas, palaces, caravanserais and hammams all form part of the city's cohesive, unique urban fabric, now threatened by overpopulation."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Ancient City of Aleppo
- Facebook Pages about Ancient City of Aleppo
- Google Search for News about Ancient City of Aleppo
- Google Search for Pictures about Ancient City of Aleppo
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Ancient City of Aleppo
- Google Plus about Ancient City of Aleppo
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Ancient City of Aleppo