The Historic Town of Vigan is a World Heritage Site in Philippines defined by the UNESCO in 1999 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 59 (161) in our monthly survey..
"Established in the 16th century, Vigan is the best-preserved example of a planned Spanish colonial town in Asia. Its architecture reflects the coming together of cultural elements from elsewhere in the Philippines, from China and from Europe, resulting in a culture and townscape that have no parallel anywhere in East and South-East Asia."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Historic Town of Vigan
- Google Search for News about Historic Town of Vigan
- Google Search for Pictures about Historic Town of Vigan
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Historic Town of Vigan
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Historic Town of Vigan