The Monastery of Horezu is a World Heritage Site in Romania defined by the UNESCO in 1993 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 188 (176, 88, 109) in our monthly survey..
"Founded in 1690 by Prince Constantine Brancovan, the monastery of Horezu, in Walachia, is a masterpiece of the 'Brancovan' style. It is known for its architectural purity and balance, the richness of its sculptural detail, the treatment of its religious compositions, its votive portraits and its painted decorative works. The school of mural and icon painting established at the monastery in the 18th century was famous throughout the Balkan region."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Monastery of Horezu
- Facebook Pages about Monastery of Horezu
- Google Search for News about Monastery of Horezu
- Google Search for Pictures about Monastery of Horezu
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Monastery of Horezu
- Google Plus about Monastery of Horezu
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Monastery of Horezu