An Airport is an area where airplanes can start (take off) and land. The airplanes can be parked, supplied with kerosene, food, water, etc. or maintained at an airport.
An airport has at least one runway for take off and land, and mostly also some buildings like
- a tower for controlling the airplanes
- hangars for parking or maintenance
- terminal buildings for passengers and freight
- larger airports will have additional facilities for passengers like restaurants and shopping areas.
- international airports will have a custom and border control
Other airports might support helicopters (like helipads) or military verhicles (on airbases)