The Old Rauma is a World Heritage Site in Finland and defined by the UNESCO in 1991 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 161 (35, 186) in our monthly survey..
"Situated on the Gulf of Botnia, Rauma is one of the oldest harbours in Finland. Built around a Franciscan monastery, where the mid-15th-century Holy Cross Church still stands, it is an outstanding example of an old Nordic city constructed in wood. Although ravaged by fire in the late 17th century, it has preserved its ancient vernacular architectural heritage."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Old Rauma
- Facebook Pages about Old Rauma
- Google Search for News about Old Rauma
- Google Search for Pictures about Old Rauma
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Old Rauma
- Google Plus about Old Rauma
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Old Rauma
List of books: Old,Rauma