The Ancient City of Ping Yao is a World Heritage Site in China defined by the UNESCO in 1997 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 106 in our monthly survey..
"Ping Yao is an exceptionally well-preserved example of a traditional Han Chinese city, founded in the 14th century. Its urban fabric shows the evolution of architectural styles and town planning in Imperial China over five centuries. Of special interest are the imposing buildings associated with banking, for which Ping Yao was the major centre for the whole of China in the 19th and early 20th centuries."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Ancient City of Ping Yao
- Google Search for News about Ancient City of Ping Yao
- Google Search for Pictures about Ancient City of Ping Yao
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Ancient City of Ping Yao
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Ancient City of Ping Yao