French: Fort Jésus, Mombasa
The Fort Jesus, Mombasa is a World Heritage Site in Kenya defined by the UNESCO in 2011 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It might be in our monthly survey..
"The Fort, built by the Portuguese in 1593-1596 to the designs of Giovanni Battista Cairati to protect the port of Mombasa, is one of the most outstanding and well preserved examples of 16th Portuguese military fortification and a landmark in the history of this type of construction. The Fort's layout and form reflected the Renaissance ideal that perfect proportions and geometric harmony are to be found in the human body. The property covers an area of 2.36 hectares and includes the fort's moat and immediate surroundings."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Fort Jesus, Mombasa
- Facebook Pages about Fort Jesus, Mombasa
- Google Search for News about Fort Jesus, Mombasa
- Google Search for Pictures about Fort Jesus, Mombasa
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Fort Jesus, Mombasa
- Google Plus about Fort Jesus, Mombasa
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Fort Jesus, Mombasa