The Historic Centre of Riga is a World Heritage Site in Latvia defined by the UNESCO in 1997 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It might be in our monthly survey..
"Riga was a major centre of the Hanseatic League, deriving its prosperity in the 13th–15th centuries from the trade with central and eastern Europe. The urban fabric of its medieval centre reflects this prosperity, though most of the earliest buildings were destroyed by fire or war. Riga became an important economic centre in the 19th century, when the suburbs surrounding the medieval town were laid out, first with imposing wooden buildings in neoclassical style and then in Jugendstil . It is generally recognized that Riga has the finest collection of art nouveau buildings in Europe."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Historic Centre of Riga
- Facebook Pages about Historic Centre of Riga
- Google Search for News about Historic Centre of Riga
- Google Search for Pictures about Historic Centre of Riga
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Historic Centre of Riga
- Google Plus about Historic Centre of Riga
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Historic Centre of Riga