The Historic Centre of Macao is a World Heritage Site in China defined by the UNESCO in 2005 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It might be in our monthly survey..
"Macao, a lucrative port of strategic importance in the development of international trade, was under Portuguese administration from the mid-16th century until 1999, when it came under Chinese sovereignty. With its historic street, residential, religious and public Portuguese and Chinese buildings, the historic centre of Macao provides a unique testimony to the meeting of aesthetic, cultural, architectural and technological influences from East and West. The site also contains a fortress and a lighthouse, the oldest in China. It bears witness to one of the earliest and longest-lasting encounters between China and the West, based on the vibrancy of international trade."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Historic Centre of Macao
- Google Search for News about Historic Centre of Macao
- Google Search for Pictures about Historic Centre of Macao
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Historic Centre of Macao
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Historic Centre of Macao