French: Centre historique de Kraków
The Historic Centre of Kraków is a World Heritage Site in Poland and defined by the UNESCO in 1978 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 198 (143, 69) in our monthly survey..
"The historic centre of Cracow, the former capital of Poland, is situated at the foot of the Royal Wawel Castle. The 13th-century merchants' town has Europe's largest market square and numerous historical houses, palaces and churches with their magnificent interiors. Further evidence of the town's fascinating history is provided by the remnants of the 14th-century fortifications and the medieval site of Kazimierz with its ancient synagogues in the southern part of town, Jagellonian University and the Gothic cathedral where the kings of Poland were buried."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Historic Centre of Kraków
- Facebook Pages about Historic Centre of Kraków
- Google Search for News about Historic Centre of Kraków
- Google Search for Pictures about Historic Centre of Kraków
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Historic Centre of Kraków
- Google Plus about Historic Centre of Kraków
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Historic Centre of Kraków