The Historic Areas of Istanbul is a World Heritage Site in Turkey defined by the UNESCO in 1985 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It our monthly survey..
"With its strategic location on the Bosphorus peninsula between the Balkans and Anatolia, the Black Sea and the Mediterranean, Istanbul has been associated with major political, religious and artistic events for more than 2,000 years. Its masterpieces include the ancient Hippodrome of Constantine, the 6th-century Hagia Sophia and the 16th-century Süleymaniye Mosque, all now under threat from population pressure, industrial pollution and uncontrolled urbanization."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Historic Areas of Istanbul
- Google Search for News about Historic Areas of Istanbul
- Google Search for Pictures about Historic Areas of Istanbul
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Historic Areas of Istanbul
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Historic Areas of Istanbul