The Kasbah of Algiers is a World Heritage Site in Algeria defined by the UNESCO in 1992 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 198 (190, 89) in our monthly survey..
"The Kasbah is a unique kind of medina, or Islamic city. It stands in one of the finest coastal sites on the Mediterranean, overlooking the islands where a Carthaginian trading-post was established in the 4th century BC. There are the remains of the citadel, old mosques and Ottoman-style palaces as well as the remains of a traditional urban structure associated with a deep-rooted sense of community."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Kasbah of Algiers
- Facebook Pages about Kasbah of Algiers
- Google Search for News about Kasbah of Algiers
- Google Search for Pictures about Kasbah of Algiers
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Kasbah of Algiers
- Google Plus about Kasbah of Algiers
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Kasbah of Algiers