The Matobo Hills is a World Heritage Site in Zimbabwe defined by the UNESCO in 2003 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 9 (60) in our monthly survey..
"The area exhibits a profusion of distinctive rock landforms rising above the granite shield that covers much of Zimbabwe. The large boulders provide abundant natural shelters and have been associated with human occupation from the early Stone Age right through to early historical times, and intermittently since. They also feature an outstanding collection of rock paintings. The Matobo Hills continue to provide a strong focus for the local community, which still uses shrines and sacred places closely linked to traditional, social and economic activities."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Matobo Hills
- Facebook Pages about Matobo Hills
- Google Search for News about Matobo Hills
- Google Search for Pictures about Matobo Hills
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Matobo Hills
- Google Plus about Matobo Hills
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Matobo Hills
List of books: Matobo,Hills