The Site of Palmyra is a World Heritage Site in Syrian Arab Republic defined by the UNESCO in 1980 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 48 (23, 79) in our monthly survey..
"An oasis in the Syrian desert, north-east of Damascus, Palmyra contains the monumental ruins of a great city that was one of the most important cultural centres of the ancient world. From the 1st to the 2nd century, the art and architecture of Palmyra, standing at the crossroads of several civilizations, married Graeco-Roman techniques with local traditions and Persian influences."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Site of Palmyra
- Facebook Pages about Site of Palmyra
- Google Search for News about Site of Palmyra
- Google Search for Pictures about Site of Palmyra
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Site of Palmyra
- Google Plus about Site of Palmyra
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Site of Palmyra