The Timbuktu is a World Heritage Site in Mali defined by the UNESCO in 1988 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 75 () in our monthly survey..
"Home of the prestigious Koranic Sankore University and other madrasas, Timbuktu was an intellectual and spiritual capital and a centre for the propagation of Islam throughout Africa in the 15th and 16th centuries. Its three great mosques, Djingareyber, Sankore and Sidi Yahia, recall Timbuktu's golden age. Although continuously restored, these monuments are today under threat from desertification."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Timbuktu
- Facebook Pages about Timbuktu
- Google Search for News about Timbuktu
- Google Search for Pictures about Timbuktu
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Timbuktu
- Google Plus about Timbuktu
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Timbuktu
List of books: Timbuktu