The The Dolomites is a World Heritage Site in Italy defined by the UNESCO in 2009 and definitely a recommended natural sightseeing location.
It might be in our monthly survey..
"The site of the Dolomites comprises a mountain range in the northern Italian Alps, numbering 18 peaks which rise to above 3,000 metres and cover 141,903 ha. It features some of the most beautiful mountain landscapes anywhere, with vertical walls, sheer cliffs and a high density of narrow, deep and long valleys. A serial property of nine areas that present a diversity of spectacular landscapes of international significance for geomorphology marked by steeples, pinnacles and rock walls, the site also contains glacial landforms and karst systems. It is characterized by dynamic processes with frequent landslides, floods and avalanches. The property also features one of the best examples of the preservation of Mesozoic carbonate platform systems, with fossil records."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about The Dolomites
- Facebook Pages about The Dolomites
- Google Search for News about The Dolomites
- Google Search for Pictures about The Dolomites
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about The Dolomites
- Google Plus about The Dolomites
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about The Dolomites
List of books: The,Dolomites