The Timgad is a World Heritage Site in Algeria defined by the UNESCO in 1982 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 189 () in our monthly survey..
"Timgad lies on the northern slopes of the Aurès mountains and was created ex nihilo as a military colony by the Emperor Trajan in AD 100. With its square enclosure and orthogonal design based on the cardo and decumanus, the two perpendicular routes running through the city, it is an excellent example of Roman town planning."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Timgad
- Facebook Pages about Timgad
- Google Search for News about Timgad
- Google Search for Pictures about Timgad
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Timgad
- Google Plus about Timgad
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Timgad
List of books: Timgad