The Tongariro National Park is a World Heritage Site in New Zealand and defined by the UNESCO in 1990 and definitely a recommended mixed sightseeing location.
It our monthly survey..
"In 1993 Tongariro became the first property to be inscribed on the World Heritage List under the revised criteria describing cultural landscapes. The mountains at the heart of the park have cultural and religious significance for the Maori people and symbolize the spiritual links between this community and its environment. The park has active and extinct volcanoes, a diverse range of ecosystems and some spectacular landscapes."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Tongariro National Park
- Google Search for News about Tongariro National Park
- Google Search for Pictures about Tongariro National Park
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Tongariro National Park
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Tongariro National Park