The Kizhi Pogost is a World Heritage Site in Russian Federation defined by the UNESCO in 1990 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 38 (44, 36, 25) in our monthly survey..
"The pogost of Kizhi (i.e. the Kizhi enclosure) is located on one of the many islands in Lake Onega, in Karelia. Two 18th-century wooden churches, and an octagonal clock tower, also in wood and built in 1862, can be seen there. These unusual constructions, in which carpenters created a bold visionary architecture, perpetuate an ancient model of parish space and are in harmony with the surrounding landscape."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Kizhi Pogost
- Facebook Pages about Kizhi Pogost
- Google Search for News about Kizhi Pogost
- Google Search for Pictures about Kizhi Pogost
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Kizhi Pogost
- Google Plus about Kizhi Pogost
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Kizhi Pogost
List of books: Kizhi,Pogost