The Petra is a World Heritage Site in Jordan defined by the UNESCO in 1985 and definitely a recommended cultural sightseeing location.
It is on position 100 (52, 194) in our monthly survey..
"Inhabited since prehistoric times, this Nabataean caravan-city, situated between the Red Sea and the Dead Sea, was an important crossroads between Arabia, Egypt and Syria-Phoenicia. Petra is half-built, half-carved into the rock, and is surrounded by mountains riddled with passages and gorges. It is one of the world's most famous archaeological sites, where ancient Eastern traditions blend with Hellenistic architecture."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Petra
- Facebook Pages about Petra
- Google Search for News about Petra
- Google Search for Pictures about Petra
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Petra
- Google Plus about Petra
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Petra
List of books: Petra