The Sian Ka'an is a World Heritage Site in Mexico defined by the UNESCO in 1987 and definitely a recommended natural sightseeing location.
It is on position 189 () in our monthly survey..
"In the language of the Mayan peoples who once inhabited this region, Sian Ka'an means 'Origin of the Sky'. Located on the east coast of the Yucatán peninsula, this biosphere reserve contains tropical forests, mangroves and marshes, as well as a large marine section intersected by a barrier reef. It provides a habitat for a remarkably rich flora and a fauna comprising more than 300 species of birds, as well as a large number of the region's characteristic terrestrial vertebrates, which cohabit in the diverse environment formed by its complex hydrological system."
Copyright © 1992 2014 UNESCO/World Heritage Centre. All rights reserved."
- Pictures from flickr about Sian Ka'an
- Facebook Pages about Sian Ka'an
- Google Search for News about Sian Ka'an
- Google Search for Pictures about Sian Ka'an
- Qwant Search for web, social items and news about Sian Ka'an
- Google Plus about Sian Ka'an
- Google Maps interactive (+StreetView) about Sian Ka'an
List of books: Sian,Ka'an