A stabilizer is a device on most all cruise vessels, to reduce Pitch and roll when at sea - the movement that can cause seasickness.

Stabilizers are often pulled in at night in order to allow faster speeds when traveling between ports of call.

A stabilizer looks like a small wing of an aircraft. It should avoid the rolling of the ship. However they are also acting like a brake which results in a higher energy consumption.


Related Articles

Port ■■■■
- Port is the place where a ship docks; a place visited by cruise ship; the left side of a vessel; - . . . Read More
Barge at top500.de■■■■
A Barge is a cargo-carrying vehicle used primarily by inland water carriers. The basic barges have open . . . Read More
stabilizer bar ■■■
stabilizer bar  is an anti-roll or anti-sway bar that helps prevent body lean or car-roll movement, . . . Read More
cabin ■■■
cabin  is the passenger area on an aircraft; the stateroom aboard a cruise ship - -- Other definition: . . . Read More
Marine at top500.de■■■
- In an industrial or industry context, the term "marine" typically refers to anything related to the . . . Read More
Quay ■■■
The quay  is a pier - pronounced the same as " key " and an artificial landing place for loading and . . . Read More
repositioning ■■■
repositioning  is the moving of a Cruise Ship to another home port for all of part of a season, . . . Read More
tender ■■■
tender  is a small boat or ferry that carries passengers from an anchored Cruise Ship to the pier . . . Read More
Cruise ■■■
Cruise or The Cruise may refer to a trip or voyage by cruise ship. a gathering of modified cars or . . . Read More
Cruise at top500.de■■■
Cruise is defined as a survey of forest land to locate timber and estimate its quantity by species, products, . . . Read More